1. Go to bed at a decent time. We try to go to bed between 10:30-11 p.m. Any later and it's pretty regretful the next morning.
2. Don't hit snooze. I often fail with this one, but when I do get up the first time my alarm goes off, I normally feel more awake than on the mornings I hit snooze.
3. Drink a glass of water. This helps hydrate and wake me up at the same time.
4. Open windows. There's just something about good, cold fresh air in the morning.
5. Work out. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to get up the nerve to start my work out. But I never regret it after it's over! I've learned that if I don't do it in the morning, I never will. Working out in the morning gets my blood rushing and I have discovered that it helps me stay awake (normally) at work.
6. Take a cold(ish) shower. If I take a hot shower in the mornings, I tend to stay in the shower way longer than necessary and get sleepy. A quick, colder shower is key!
7. Eat breakfast. Usually coffee and eggs, fruit, pancakes, or cereal. I can't make it to lunch without eating a good breakfast. Also helps kick in my metabolism and gives me energy.
8. Pick out your outfit the night before. I fail horribly at this. But it always turns out well when I do pick out my outfit (at least in my mind) the night before.
And now you have the tried and true formula to becoming a morning person.
What are some ways you kickstart your mornings?