Here are some of the ways I use this liquid gold:
1. Baking/cooking - substitute 1 cup for 1 cup of vegetable oil.
2. Frizzy hair calmer - with your hands, run a dime-size amount of coconut oil through your hair, mainly getting the ends.
3. Makeup remover - I normally wash my face with soap, then rub on some coconut oil to get whatever's left. Don't get it in your eyes!
4. Face moisturizer - dab a little coconut oil all over your face before going to bed (I now look ten years younger!).
5. Lip balm - I like to rub on a little when I moisturize my face.
6. Acne controller/scar smoother - Loren has been using coconut oil on his face to control acne and smooth scars, and it has helped so much.
7. Shaving cream - use just like you would shaving cream. My legs feel smoother after using coconut oil than after using regular shaving cream.
8. Insect Repellent - mix oil with peppermint extract and rub it over exposed skin.
9. Sunburn relief - apply as you would aloe vera. I have found this works way better than aloe. It's not sticky, you don't get itchy, it keeps your tan, you don't peel, etc.
10. Dish soap - just kidding.
11. Teeth cleaner - known as "oil pulling". I tried this twice and gave up because you have to swish the oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes and I'm just not that patient. But I hear several people have had wonderful results from oil pulling.
Do you use coconut oil? What for?